Archive for the ‘HealthIT’ Category
For the last few months, I’ve been working with a stellar all-volunteer team who has put together a great event that brings together innovators in Health Information Technology.
Won’t you join us?! Learn more here!
When: Wed, 03/14/2012 – 5:00pm – 8:30pm
Where: Washington Museum of History and Industry
2700 24th Avenue East
*** WE HAVE EXTENDED OUR EARLY BIRD RATE UNTIL 5:00 PM, FRIDAY, MARCH 9 ***
Health IT is transforming our healthcare system. Healthcare reform, industry consolidation, and demographic changes have spurred a significant increase in the U.S. healthcare industry’s use of technology to improve health and enhance the patient experience while trying to help control the ever-increasing cost of care. New players are emerging and cloud computing, social media, and mobile technology solutions targeting patients and healthcare providers are creating new opportunities.
Join us for our March 14 MIT Enterprise Forum and discover how NW technology entrepreneurs can identify these opportunities and succeed in the health IT market. Our panel of industry thought-leaders moderated by Rob Coppedge, Vice President of Business and Corporate Development at Cambia Health Systems, includes:
- Sailesh Chutani, CEO, Mobisante
- Peter Gelpi, CEO, Clarity Health
- Luis Machuca, President & CEO, Kryptiq Corporation
- Gwen O’Keefe, MD, Chief Medical Informatics Officer, Group Health
Our panel will provide an overview of major health IT trends, the new opportunities technology presents for both patients and healthcare providers, as well as explain how this may enable change in the traditional healthcare industry cost structure. Most importantly, our speakers will identify business opportunities and what regulatory restrictions such as HIPAA really mean for the NW technology entrepreneur community.
During this event, you will learn:
- How the health IT market has changed in the wake of healthcare reform and government investment incentives
- What different types of care and cost models might look like, and what opportunities those present for entrepreneurs
- Potential sources of funding for innovative health IT technologies
- Approaches entrepreneurs can take to handle barriers presented by government regulations such as HIPAA